Big Gay WOD is just a few days away! Here are a couple of random thoughts about the day and how things will work:
- If you still haven’t registered and want to participate, please register BEFORE 9am on Saturday. We’ll open our doors around 8:30am so if you plan on paying cash (or registering with us at the venue), please show up early. We’re going to be creating the heat sheets on the fly and can’t accept any new athletes after 9AM.
- Registration and check in will close by about 0945. Again, arrive a touch early and it’s all good in the hood!
- Those that registered on April 14th or before will receive their t-shirt onsite. Those who registered AFTER April 14th will receive their t-shirt in about two weeks (we’ll place a final order on Monday). If you want us to ship it to you, bring $5 (we have a card swiper, too).
- At 10am, I’ll start briefing the first WOD and we should have the first few heats ready to go. We’re going to start with the Scaled folks!
- After the competition is finished, we’ll do a short award presentation and picture sesh. We’re going to pick up beer for everyone and we hope that you’ll hang out for a bit! Our goal is to get the competition piece done by 4pm (depends on enrollment, of course).
- Feel free to bring your friends and family – there is no cost for spectators.
- While we have a decent parking situation at DelVal, I would still recommend carpooling. Please don’t block in our neighbors rollup doors and use Abbott Dr as overflow. Please review the directions that are located on our website. The gym is in the BACK of Satellite Three!
- Our auxiliary gym (right next door) will be the spot for stowing your gear, and will also function as the warm-up area. CFDV members can use the usual cubbies. There are two bathrooms in the warm-up space and two in the ‘main’ area (well, one is in the main area and one is in the office). All total – four potties.
If you have any other miscellaneous questions about the day, please leave them in comments and I’ll add them to this post. Thanks, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!